7 Reasons 'Geek' is the New 'Cool' October 09 2013
Bill Gates rawwwwwks man! Why? Because now I'm cool. Why? Here's the reasons, in no particular order:
- Earning potential. Duh. I may be broke now but one of these days my stock options will vest...
- Great conversation. Forget about the stammering stereotype. Geeks are chock full of fun anecdotes. I broke the ice with my future wife by showing her a binary star system.
- Great genes. All those brains to pass on...
- Better companionship. Sure we like sports just fine. But ballet is cool too! And seeing weird foreign countries, or trying foods we can't identify or pronounce.
- Your own IT department. Face it, you live at your computer, too. We'll make sure it always works.
- We're great with kids. No kid can resist a dad who can explode a balloon in a microwave, or tell the entire Lord of the Rings as a bed time story.
- Sex appeal. Not only is pasty the new tan, but we read a lot of, uh, instructional stuff. Plus we have better imaginations. We spent our high school years dateless, ladies. When we hit 45 we won't be looking for a comfy chair - we'll still be chasing you around the house.
Stick that in yer beer cans and drink, all you ex-high school jocks.